The quality, characteristics and consistency of raw materials (Cementitious Materials, Coarse and Fine Aggregates, Chemical Admixtures, Additives and Water) plays a very significant role in achieving required concrete characteristics, consistently and at optimal cost, it is therefore imperative that sound processes are employed when selecting raw materials, our services include:
- Establishing a detailed understanding of the required concrete specified and fit for purpose requirements.
- Determining and documenting specified, fit for purpose and sustainability requirements, and demand.
- Determining and evaluating:
- Potential suppliers to establish their ability to meet requirements.
- Available raw materials for compliance, compatibility, suitability and cost. We strongly recommend that this is done based on cost of concrete rather than cost of individual raw materials.
- Presenting findings and recommendations including proposals to manage any potential risks.
- Developing and implementing Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s)